Monday, March 29, 2010

Pura Vida Yoga Retreat Costa Rica



Monday morning, 6am
I am sitting by the pool watching the sun come up and listening to the birds. It's so peaceful and relaxing. Soon I will take part in an early morning yoga class. Such a nice way to wake up.
Yesterday was my first full day. Breakfast at 730am, orientation at 930am and then our first yoga class. Our Yoga Instructor was gentle on us as she knew it was our first day after a long flight. I guest she figured she better ease us into it slowly. Next, lunch and relaxation near the pool. It's 80 plus degrees but it doesn't feel like it as there is a cool mountain breeze. The altitude is over 5000 feet and the air is crisp and clear. A tropical paradise. Everything they do is focused on health. Organic healthy food, relaxation, wellness centre with spa and amazing therapists and healers. Yesterday I had a healing massage. It's like nothing I have ever experienced before. The spa menu is extensive and all services are focused on wellness. I am sure I will feel like a new person when I return.
Today we are off to the waterfalls for a hike.,I am sure there will be plenty of photos on my next post. Well, I must sign off for now as Yoga is about to begin.

1 comment:

  1. What a glorious time we all had at Pura Vida. And the chemistry of the people was also amazing. It will be an experience I will always cherish. Bernie
    “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    --Jawaharlal Nehru,
    Indian statesman

    ReplyDelete