Friday, February 24, 2012

Sedona - Day 1

We've arrived.  It was a long travel day as we took an indirect route via San Francisco .  Hmmm. Perhaps that will be our next new destination.  More to come!
United airlines service was great. The flight was smooth, the planes comfortable and the staff pleasant.
The drive from Phoenix to Sedona was very comfortable in our Ford Escape.  The scenery is beautiful.  From desert brown, tumble weeds and cactus to the Verde Valley and then the spectacular red rock of Sedona., The view as you enter Sedona is breathtaking.
We checked into our 1 bedroom suite at the Hitlon Resort and settled in comfy chairs beside the out door fireplace to enjoy a glass of wine.  It's so nice to be relaxing outdoors at 6 o'clock at night.
Dinner this evening was in the dining room.  I had a delicious bison burger paired with a local beer.
This morning we are meeting with Amy Johnson, sales manager at Hilton Sedona Resort & Spa.
After our tour of the resort we are heading to the Sedona Golf Club to enjoy  a round of golf.  I hear the views are spectacular.

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading more. Thanks for the pictures! I'll be going there in June. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Debbie. FYI... California is on my bucket list... so if you do San Fran... I am in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arizona is picturesque beyond words! Look for fresh pecans roadside...you will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been to Sedona twice where I stayed at a time share resort. I love Sedona and the trails that are in the area.

    ReplyDelete